Chelsea fans all over the world, are in one voice, as they publicly issued a statement to the club’s board, asking them to speedingly sign Romelu Lukaku from Inter Milan.
Chelsea are interested in signing Romelu Lukaku from Inter Milan this summer after switching their attention from Erling Haaland.
The Blues ‘ priority all summer-long has been bringing Haaland to Stamford Bridge, but football.london understands that the west London club now see a deal for the Borussia Dortmund striker as virtually impossible.
Dortmund are determined to keep hold of the Norway international and “only a crazy offer” could change their stance, according to journalist Jan Aage Fjortoft.
Fjortoft tweeted on Tuesday evening: “Dortmund have not moved from their position. As I reported 2 months ago and confirmed by Dortmund/Sammer last week. ‘Only a crazy offer’ could change their position.
Chelsea have seen three bids turned down by Inter Milan for striker Romelu Lukaku
Romelu Lukaku to Chelsea transfer: Three bids rejected, £102m price, Inter Milan’s stancefootballlondon
Romelu Lukaku has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea. (Photo by Mattia Ozbot – Inter/Inter via Getty Images)
Chelsea’s transfer window state of play amid £100m blockbuster Romelu Lukaku rumoursfootballlondon
“Dortmund know they will lose money by waiting, but calculating that Haaland will get them CL-money.”
Chelsea fans, reacting to this latest development, had one thing – and one player in particular – on their mind.
@Dan25796302 said: “Who is Haaland? Lukaku is the real deal”.
@Josh 10CFC said: “Lukaku it is”.
football.london understands that Chelsea have already had three offers for Lukaku turned down by Inter Milan, with the latest one – submitted on Monday earlier this week – including £85million and Marcos Alonso.
Now, Sky Sports are reporting that the Blues are set to return to the negotiating table with a new and improved bid for the 28-year-old former Chelsea forward, who left west London in 2014.
Speaking earlier in the summer, Lukaku told Belgian television station VTM that he was staying at the San Siro.
He said: “I am staying. I feel good at Inter. I’ve already had contact with the man who becomes our new manager [Simone Inzaghi].
“Maybe I shouldn’t say that yet. It was a very positive conversation. There’s also the challenge of doing it again [winning the Serie A title].”